• Protects against future rusting
• Can be used on welds
• Eliminated need to mechanically blast to white metal in many instances
• Not recommended for outside hull underwater applications
• DO NOT THIN
Brush, roll or spray undiluted Falchem® Rust-Con in a heavy white coat with no surface show through at 8-10 mils wet film thickness. When black color appears, rust conversion has started. Wait at least 24 hours before top coating. A second coat of Falchem® Rust-Con may be applied while first coat is still tacky. Apply all top coats according to
manufacturer’s specifications. Use oil based marine or industrial coatings for best weather protection.
- Keep from freezing, apply at 45°F and raising and below 100°F (7°-37°) and falling.
- Test over zinc based coatings as same galvanizing reject Falchem® Rust-Con
- Do not apply onto zinc chromate or phosphates, lead magnesium,, copper powder, graphite, borate pigments. Chromate-treated (pickled) fabricated steel building cold rolled perlins and gutters are to remain dry until top coated.
- Cold rolled steel require abrading to anchor profile and degrease.
Brush roll or spray undiluted Falchem® Rust-Con in a heavy white coat with no surface show through at 8-10 mils wet film thickness