FALCHEM SAF ACID DESCALER (POWDER)
- Highly effective for the complete removal of rust and scale deposits from water boilers, engine cooling systems and other water processing units and installations, due to its wetting agents.
- Acts quickly and thoroughly.
- Requires no heating unless its activity is required to increase drastically.
- Due to its strong corrosion inhibitors, it is applicable to all ferrous metal surfaces and parts, as well as those being galvanized and those made of Tin, Zinc, Lead, Aluminum etc.
- Contains anti-foaming agents and a color indicator as a determinant agent of the strength of the powder.
- Water-soluble, non-flammable, non-volatile and non-hydroscopic.
- Has no known effect on rubber and plastic compounds.
- May be combined with a specific range of other products.
- Can be used for difficult cleaning conditions such as the lavatories, showers, biological wastewater treatment units etc.
- Cost effective, easy to handle, apply and store.
A. Dosing Procedure
The quantity of FALCHEM SAF ACID to be used corresponds to the scale and degree of rust contamination, the available downtime, the desired results and the system to be treated. Therefore, the
concentration of the applied solution must be made after considering the above parameters. However, FALCHEM SAF ACID is recommended for use at a quantity proportion of 4-5 kgs for every 100 liters of fresh water.
There are certain actions, which must be taken before applying FALCHEM SAF ACID. These are the following:
- Dissolve the powder in fresh water at a concentration of 4-5%.
- Before the application of the solution, rinse the area to be treated thoroughly with water in order to eliminate sludge and other loose deposits
C. Cleaning Procedure
FALCHEM SAF ACID may be used either at room temperature or can be heated up to no more than 60°C in order to increase its activity and reduce the reaction rate. The methods to use are circulation, soaking and spreading.
Circulation is applicable to boilers, evaporators, condensers, heat exchangers and generally closed systems that have the capability to circulate at a temperature of approximately 45-60°C, for 6-15 hours. Soaking is usually applicable in open or closed systems that do not provide circulation. In these cases, two or three cleaning trials are recommended beforehand. Generally, a solution of 20%, at 45-55°C, should be used; it must not stand still, and should have periodic agitation. This ensures constant reaction rate. At the same time we must maintain the strength of the desired acidity by adding FALCHEM SAF ACID and fresh water solutions, periodically, in order to make up for the lost volume proportion due to steam loss and surface reaction.
Spreading is applicable for general cleaning use on large surface areas, by conventional means such as a brush, sponge or a mop with FALCHEM SAF ACID. The concentration of the solution should depend on the degree of contamination and the kind or type of deposition. After the completion of the cleaning process, regardless of the method used, rinse with plenty of water and neutralize (only for the metal surface areas) with 1% solution of ALKALINITY CONTROL.
Note that during application, due to the dissolving of the scale deposits, inflammable and/or toxic gases may be liberated. In this case, adequate ventilation is necessary.