FALCHEM RENOVATE COAL CLEANER
• Effective cleaner which will not leave carbon residues on the cleaned surface.
• Excellent for cleaning of heavily contaminated heat exchangers.
• Economical cleaner which can be used as an emulsion with sea water.
• Minimizes waste water, due to fast separating properties. (product contamination sink to bottom of separation tank due to weigh)
Directions of use:
1) After discharging, pre-wash (2hrs) the tanks with seawater at a maximum temp. of 50º C.
2) Remove any sediment by hand.
3) Make a solution in the tank which has to be cleaned in the ratio of 100 litres of Falchem coal tar to 900 litres of water.
4) Heat up solution to approx. 50º C, by use of heating coils.
5) Start circulation. (cargo pump, cargo line with jump to the Butterworth line in the Butterworth machines)
6) Continue circulation or about 4-8 hours at the same temperature.
7) Pump the solution into another tank.
8) Wash the tank with water and inject some Falchem tankleen into the Butterworth line if necessary.
9) If the tanks are coated with zinc silicate, there may be a discoloration after the cleaning. If so, make a solution of fresh water and Bufferclean in the tank in the ratio of 9 to 1 = 10% solutions.
10) Heat this solution up to 50º C.
11) Start circulation following item 3.
12) Continue with circulation for 1 – 2 hours.
13) Wash with fresh water.
14) Drain the tank.
15) For chloride free cleaning, steam the tank with live steam.
For cleaning of heat exchangers:
1) Start with shock treatment with steam followed by flushing with cold water to break hard deposit layers, which will help the cleaning with Falchem coal cleaner afterwards.
2) Fill system with Falchem coal cleaner and circulate by means of pump at max 50º C for approx.
3) Drain and flush with water.
For cleaning air intercoolers:
For badly soiled intercoolers use circulation method or spray system
Cleaning of immersion baths
Falchem Coal Cleaner is used undiluted in immersion baths for the cleaning of metal components, whish are badly soiled with coal tar or similar substance. Afterwards, the parts must be well flushed
During the cleaning, the bath must be closed and the area must be ventilated well.