FALCHEM UNIVERSAL 2000
- Neutral cleaning product based on highly efficient dissolving and low foaming nonionic surface active agents.
- Especially developed for the removal of vegetable, animals and mineral oils as well as fats where cleaning with WATERBASED ALKALINE or WATERBASED ALKAINE HD is not possible.
- Suitable for cleaning tanks coated with zinc-silicate and all common metals.
- UNIVERSAL 2000 DEGREASER can be used for the removal of vegetable and/or animal oils and fats and light mineral oils in aluminum and/or zinc-silicate coated tanks.
- UNIVERSAL 2000 DEGREASER can be used as an after treatment agent in hydrocarbon free cleaning operations where cleaning has been carried out with.
- If TANKCLEAN HCF has been used for a hydrocarbon-free cleaning there may be a need for spot-cleaning treatment with UNIVERSAL 2000 DEGREASER if contamination was excessive.
Cleaning Of Tanks
Pre-wash Before cleaning with UNIVERSAL 2000 DEGREASER it is recommended to pre-wash with hot water at 50°C. For drying and semi-drying oils a pre-wash with cold water should be carried out immediately after discharge of cargo to retard oxidation and hardening of oil residues.
A chemical solution is prepared in an empty slop tank or one of the after tanks near the pump room, circulated via the automatic tank washing system pump and heater to the tank to be cleaned, where from the solution is returned to the chemical solution tank via the stripping line. Usually it is not possible to recalculate the chemical solution through maintain solution temperature) without making a temporary connection between the chemical solution tank and the tank washing pump etc.. Should be calculated carefully to ensure sufficient volumetric quantity for a continuous recirculation. Depending on size and condition of tanks to be cleaned and quantity of chemical solution, a drawback in this method is that usually only 3 (three) tanks can be cleaned with one solution after which a fresh solution should be made and heated before cleaning can continue. Depending on the degree of contamination UNIVERSAL 2000 DEGREASER is circulated as a 5% solution for a period of 2-6 hours. The water temperature should be approx. 20- 60°C. After the circulation period rinse thoroughly with water.
Spray the hot tank surfaces with undiluted UNIVERSAL 2000 DEGREASER until the surfaces are well soaked and let the product act for at least 30 min.
Then rinse all tank surfaces with water at max. 60°C for 45 min.
Hydrocarbon free cleaning
After cleaning with TANKCLEAN HCF and rinsing with hot fresh water at a max. temperature of 60°c hand spray a 15% UNIVERSAL 2000 DEGREASER solution in fresh water on to the hot tank surfaces and let it act for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with hot chloride free water when cleaning is completed. If fresh water is used, steam tanks afterwards to remove any chlorides which may cause delay in passing the chloride test for methanol etc.